Thursday, November 30, 2017

Don't settle for any less!

How many of you dream of a job in a reputed software firm with a huge compensation? Everyone. But if you ever attempted, even the preliminary rounds of such a company, you might already know how hard it is to crack the tests and the interviews with just the knowledge from the college. Well, most of the colleges (IITs or other premium colleges are a different story). Many of us are already victims of the substandard syllabus in B.Tech, and the huge gap between education and industry, created by it.

I said us. Yes, I was there too. 

Last year of B.Tech, we had a Microsoft All India Drive. Got short-listed after many rounds and we, around 60 people, survived from thousands. Only 4 interviews stood between me and the job. Needless to say, I was thrown out after 2 rounds. With the programming culture of 'if there is output, that's a big deal' that I learned from college, I couldn't survive a sudden jump to 'can you make it more efficient? with lesser time complexity' sort of questions.

I got a decent 3 year gap from that time till last year of M.Tech, to learn competitive coding. That's when I started to know complex data structures, several useful libraries in C++ and investing time in HackerRank and CodeChef. I still have lot to learn in this area; but that was enough to crack Microsoft interviews at campus placement. Now I work in the same company, even the very same building that I was interviewed. :)

Now I see the big picture. On one hand, there are lots of students pursuing B.Tech and M.Tech who have not-any-less IQ, but just lack the knowledge of efficient programming. On the other hand, there is huge requirement of more and more smart people in the software industry. It's not just one company; every one is recruiting big time. And all they ask is a bunch of competitive coding questions.

I'm starting a small initiative from my side, to ramp up the students who have no idea about competitive coding, to a level where they can grow themselves.

First video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsVde5Xpg5A

You can get a full-fledged course with assignments, Evaluation with personal guidance, and related programs written in C++.

Drop a mail to admin@codingacademy.co.in for fee structure and more details. Visit http://codingacademy.co.in

No comments:

Post a Comment